Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Review of "I am Princess X" by Cherie Priest

"I am Princess X" by Cherie Priest
5/5 stars

This is a fantastic read. Yes it's a YA book, and yes, it's a graphic novel, kind of. But, it is definitely fantastic. I heard about this on-line somewhere (Boing Boing I think) and was stoked to see that my local library had it. I read it in one day. There is a story within a story and they are both spectacular.

It's about two girls, Libby and May,who meet in recess and become friends over chalk drawing. Libby drew a princess, who they named Princess X. From that drawing stems a friendship and an entire world of storytelling and drawing of Princess X and her kingdom. Intertwined with the story of Libby and Maya is the story of Princess X herself.This is where the illustrations come in.

You MUST read this. BONUS being that the story is about KICK ASS GIRLS and there isn't an ounce of flighty romance. Just reality and fantasy thrown together. READ THIS. I will be buying a copy soon.

Go find it:
hardcover or Kindle at Amazon
hardcover or Nook Book at Barnes and Noble
hardcover at Indigo

The author is Cherie Priest who has written several series actually: The Clockwork Century; Cheshire Red Reports; Eden Moore; and The Borden Dispatches. I will be reading this eventually.

You can find Cherie at:
her website
Twitter
Facebook
Goodreads

No comments: