Thursday, July 30, 2015

Blue moon upcoming and black bean brownies

Not only is tomorrow's moon a full moon, it is a Blue Moon! A coworker suggested to do something ONLY on a Blue Moon, on every Blue Moon. I haven't decided what that will be yet. Why is this moon called a Blue Moon? A Blue Moon occurs when there are two full moons in a month, such as this month of July. No, the moon doesn't change color, although I saw an article on Citylab.com that says otherwise. "[This Blue Moon] might subtly look blue in parts of the world. That’s because tiny particles from an unusually active fire season are flooding the atmosphere, and potentially scattering red light to give the moon the impression of a floating blueberry." Interesting. Here's the article. Either way, I love the moon, especially when it's full. The only downside about full moons is that, prior to screwing with my body's clock, my cycle usually falls right into line with the full moon. I still get hormonal and have chocolate cravings around the full moon, even without a cycle. (I do have one, it's just a 3-month schedule now. Endometriosis blows.)

Speaking of chocolate, tonight I decided I wanted, no, needed to make brownies. I spoke with someone at work today about black bean brownies and the idea stayed in my head, so I did some searching for recipes on Pinterest (Here is a link to my Pinterest account if you would like to follow me. I pin a lot of animals and gf recipes!). I found hundreds of recipes, skimmed a few, and settled on this one: Essential Recipe: Black Bean Brownies. I chose not to use any essential oils and added Heath chips along with the chocolate chips on top. This is grain-free and gluten-free, easily adaptable for dairy-free too. I subbed honey for organic maple syrup since I am out of honey (gotta get some local stuff!). I used Enjoy Life brand chocolate chips since I have about 18 bags (no joke-I won a contest). These turned out ooey, gooey, and scrumptious, although a little crumbly. I wonder how I can fix that...Any suggestions? Anyway YOU should try them! 

Don't these look tasty?!
I've been a bit busy this week with working every day and still kind of recuperating from my procedure. I haven't even gotten to the review for the book I just finished! But I will, I promise! Check back soon.
Oh and head over to my new Facebook page: www.facebook.com/TheCynikalKat and like me! Thanks folks! love love love


No comments: