Friday, August 28, 2015

Cranberry Orange Muffins (recipe courtesy of Paleo Newbie)

I got some organic cranberries from work and decided I should make something with them. I perused Pinterest and found a Paleo Cranberry Orange Muffin recipe from the Paleo Newbie recipe here. I modified it a bit, which I will explain below. They turned out quite tasty and I will definitely be taking a few into work tomorrow to share. Quite possibly I will also freeze them to have for my road trip next week.

Again, the original recipe can be found over on Paleo Newbie's site http://paleonewbie.com/paleo-cranberry-orange-muffins-recipe/.


  • I subbed the almond flour for some of GF Jules' Gluten Free Flour ((find that HERE) and some of Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free All Purpose flour because I ran out of GF Jules (Bob's Red Mill is here).
  • I did not use raw honey but used some local honey which worked out well.
  • I subbed pecans for walnuts which I LOVE.
  • Orange zesting was difficult but I managed to get SOME. (I need a zester or a better grater).
I made 12 muffins, which I was skeptical about, but they turned out well. I just had to test it before bed and they came out very well. I am excited to eat some for breakfast! 

FYI the dough is VERY thick and sticky. Have patience hard, I know!) These are filling, bursting with cranberry goodness, and well worth the stickiness. Please check out the original recipe from Paleo Newbie and tell her Kate sent you! 
 



No comments: