Thursday, March 10, 2016

Paleo Thin Mints, poetry & dragon tales

Hi folks. Yes, this is a day late...although I wrote half of it yesterday.

First, I made Paleo thin mints. Recipe is from Elena's Pantry recipe here. They didn't turn out exact, as the chocolate chips I had were NOT melting, much to my dismay. I tried melting in the pan, then in a hot bath, then in the microwave...to no avail. Eventually I wound up adding hot water (BY MISTAKE) and that worked well to thin out the chocolate. I was using Enjoy Life semi-sweet chocolate chips (info here.). The bag I was using expired in January so I'm not sure if that is it or not. BUT, they turned out VERY yummy.  :) Sorry, no photos were taken. I will be making these again.

Second, I wrote a poem yesterday, inspired by Amanda Palmer's latest song, Machete. Please go listen to it here.The poem is called FINE. It's on my deviantArt account which is woefully neglected. Again go here.

Thirdly, our (rescue) bearded dragon, Fred, is ill. She has an upper respiratory infection and Metabolic Bone Disease (MBD), but she is being treated. Thankfully these are not life-threatening and although there isn't a cure for MBD, there is treatment. MBD is basically osteoporosis for dragons. She has a good life though and is very well cared for. Below are some pics of Fred.


Fred in the carrier. 
Stretched out @ the vet. 

No comments: