Thursday, March 24, 2016

Gluten-free Irish Soda Bread & review Green Lotus Cafe

Sorry for the late post, all 13 of my followers. It's been an insanely busy week. But here we go!

Here is another of my favorite recipes by Karina over at Gluten Free Goddess: Irish Soda Bread, paired w/ potato cabbage soup which I have not made, yet. The only substitutions I made were flax egg instead of actual eggs and currents instead of raisins. I have made this recipe before and it always come out great. This time it was a bit wet after 30 minutes, so I baked it for another 10 minutes and let it sit in the oven with the oven off for a few minutes. It was so good! I had some for breakfast a few days in a row.


I am writing this post from the Green Lotus Cafe in Hyannis, MA. This place is a little gem. How have I missed coming here for 3 years?! I had to get up early this morning to help a friend and I was settling on Starbucks for breakfast, when the internet reminded me of this place! Green Lotus is so freaking good! 
I came stumbling in right around opening and took a gander at the menu. Sandwiches, tea, bubble tea (!!), soups, and salads. Vegan options, gluten free options, smoothies and green juices! Plus Gluten free and vegan blueberry muffins and chocolate chip cookies right at the counter! Sold me on a Quick & Simple breakfast sandwich (egg, cheese, tomato, hold red onion, dijon mayo on Canyon gluten free bread).I had to throw in a chai with almond milk, of course. And a Nutella Blast smoothie for later. 
Oh yes, this place gets 5 stars. Absolutely fabulous. I'll definitely be coming here again. 
Go check Nate and his crew out at 349 Main St,Hyannis, MA. www.GreenLotusCafe.com

No comments: