Wednesday, February 10, 2016

I love pizza.

Pizza is one of my favorite dishes. Back when I first started eating gluten free (in college), I had pretty much given up on gluten-free pizza though. Thankfully the market is a LOT better than it was over 8 years ago and there are some great options. My old stand-by though is Bob's Red Mill gluten-free pizza crust mix product info here. 

I picked up a bag of this for last night. Having shoveled snow yesterday morning before work, I was in pain all day and didn't want to fuss with dinner. I wandered around the grocery store, eyed the gluten-free/dairy-free pizzas and lamented inside about the horrific cost ($9 for freaking pizza?!). It is almost always cheaper to make my own pizza and I typically love it.

So tonight I made the pizza crust, separated it into 2 balls as indicated, let one rise and the other went into the freezer for later. Spread it out on the pizza pan, baked it, then added toppings (Daiya mozzarella style shreds and pepperoni) and baked it some more. It came out PERFECTLY!The Daiya shreds (product info )melt just right and it tasted oh so good. I am surprised I was able to contain myself to just 4 pieces! I hope the leftovers are good tomorrow.
What are your favorite gluten-free and/or dairy-free pizza choices? I'd love to know!
Until next Wednesday...love, love, love

No comments: