Sunday, January 24, 2016

One-pan gf/df burrito bowl/tacos

Hey look, a post on a Sunday! I just had to share this fab recipe I've had on my Pinterest board for ages: one-pan chicken burrito bowl from NO. 2 Pencil (recipe here).

TJ wanted to have ground beef instead of chicken so I substituted that. I halved the recipe just in case TJ, who is a very picky eater, didn't want it but, it turns out, he really liked it! I used organic Trader Joe's black beans and whole plum tomatoes that I diced up. I omitted the onions since I didn't have any and they tend to bother my GI system anyway. Instead of using the cumin, chili powder and garlic powder the recipe calls for, I used the homemade taco seasoning recipe from Rachel Cook's blog (find that recipe here-you will NOT regret it. Homemade taco seasoning is the way to go!)

I tossed a cube of Massel's Ultracube Bouillon Cubes, chicken flavor, and water into the pan in place of chicken broth, which is a great way to add some flavor. The cubes are great if you don't like to open a can/box of broth and forget about it. (Everyone should use Massel products; they are vegan, gluten free, GMO-free, MSG-free, and damn good. Massel products. )

TJ doesn't eat cheese on his tacos (weirdo) and I just gave up dairy, so I used 1 slice of Daiya's cheddar style slices on a gluten-free corn tortilla, and 1 slice of Chao's Coconut Herb slices on another, and topped with the one-pan mix. Tj stuffed flour tortillas with the mix as well. Turns out it was a fabulous dinner for both of us. 
Please check out the links I gave you. Without these wonderful bloggers I wouldn't have great recipes and my own blog.
Love, love, love

No comments: