Friday, November 27, 2015

Vegan Gluten free Chocolate Raspberry Torte

Hi folks! This post would have been up sooner but the Blogger app isn't working correctly, so I am rewriting this on my laptop.

Last Friday I made a vegan, gluten-free chocolate raspberry torte to bring into work the next day (there's only 3 of us that work Sat, and A & I spend most of it just ourselves). I have 2 coworkers that are vegan and I am gluten-free (obviously). The recipe comes from Bakerita, found via Pinterest (follow me here!).

I used Bob's Red Mill Almond flour/meal, one of my favorite flours, for the crust. It took me a few minutes of reading labels in the baking aisle at my local grocery store to find a baking chocolate that was suitable for vegans, but Mrs. Meyer's 66% Bittersweet baking chocolate looked safe. I had organic raspberries from work and I found a yummy raspberry preserve at Job Lot. Unforunately my springform pan turned out to be 22" where it needed to be 9", so I used a 9" pie plate instead. I am amazed how easy this recipe is and that it didn'te require fridgeration!

THe next day I brought this torte into work for consuming. As A & L dug in in the kitchen, I heard "oohs" and "ahhhs" and gasps, even got a "you're an angel!". Clearly they loved it and I did too. A job well done! Thank you, Bakerita!

Remember to get the recipe from Bakerita and go say hi to her from me!


Post a Comment