Friday, November 27, 2015

Vegan Gluten free Chocolate Raspberry Torte

Hi folks! This post would have been up sooner but the Blogger app isn't working correctly, so I am rewriting this on my laptop.

Last Friday I made a vegan, gluten-free chocolate raspberry torte to bring into work the next day (there's only 3 of us that work Sat, and A & I spend most of it just ourselves). I have 2 coworkers that are vegan and I am gluten-free (obviously). The recipe comes from Bakerita, found via Pinterest (follow me here!).

I used Bob's Red Mill Almond flour/meal, one of my favorite flours, for the crust. It took me a few minutes of reading labels in the baking aisle at my local grocery store to find a baking chocolate that was suitable for vegans, but Mrs. Meyer's 66% Bittersweet baking chocolate looked safe. I had organic raspberries from work and I found a yummy raspberry preserve at Job Lot. Unforunately my springform pan turned out to be 22" where it needed to be 9", so I used a 9" pie plate instead. I am amazed how easy this recipe is and that it didn'te require fridgeration!

THe next day I brought this torte into work for consuming. As A & L dug in in the kitchen, I heard "oohs" and "ahhhs" and gasps, even got a "you're an angel!". Clearly they loved it and I did too. A job well done! Thank you, Bakerita!

Remember to get the recipe from Bakerita and go say hi to her from me!


1 comment:

Unknown said...


purefit keto challenge than a physical challenge, you have to get up every morning and tell yourself "I can do this". You have to be determined to not give up. So get on that sweaty pursuit and check out these 9 weight loss exercises To max out the benefits of your workout, intensity is the key. HIIT i.e. High Intensity Interval Training involves short intervals of exercise at almost your maximum effort, followed by longer recovery periods. The secret to HIIT is in how hard you work during your intense intervals. The result? Your body's fat-burning potential shoots up and the pounds melt away.
http://www.cureidea.com/keto-advanced-weight-loss/