Tuesday, March 20, 2012

life & family

life is...odd, fretful, annoying, yet joyous, wonderful, amazing and beautiful. I am grateful to be alive, surrounded with family and friends, with a job, an apartment, a car, and all the worldy possessions I can cram into my tiny apartment.I am thankful for the family and friends who have helped me become the person I am today, where I am. Every single person effects your life, just remember that.

I have been spending the last week in Ohio, with my (adopted) family, being together and watching over my Momma Carol. Without her in my life, god knows where or who I would be. The last time I was out here (October last year), she said she was proud of the person I had become and she liked to think she had some part in that. I couldn't tell her then (for fear of bawling my eyes out, i think) that she had a LOT to do with it. I realized, later, that Carol has been a part of my life for as long as my Father was a part of my life.

 Carol & the rest of the Davis clan, came into my life when I was 10, when my Father & I moved to O.W. (OH) in the summer before i started 5th grade. god that year sucked! Anyway, she has watched over me and been a mom-figure since shortly after that. Carol (and david) is one of those amazing people who is so sweet, caring, loving, all-in-out amazing people the world needs more of. There is hardly a nasty bone in her (okay, maybe 1) and everyone who meets her, loves her. She's just amazing. She's always been a mom to me and no amount of thank-you's and I'm-sorry-for-being-an-ass's will ever capture how honored, blessed, and grateful I am to have had her in my life. I know I will never feel the same way her biological daughters do, but she has been the ONLY Mom I have ever really known. She's been my Mom (in a by-law way) since 1999 when she & David extended their hands and hearts to include me in their family; me a sudden parent-less 16 year old with a lot of baggage and family out-of-state. They didn't have to do that. I never asked for that. Hell, I am sure their own daughters didn't want it, nor their other family understand it, but they did it anyway and I accepted. I don't have any regrets, what-so-ever. They have been an amazing family to me and I can never say thank you enough...

It's a terrible misfortune that someone so amazing will soon be taken from us by the big C. It's always the good ones, unfortunately, never the worlds jerks and dicks.

I love you so much Momma Carol.
Post a Comment