Friday, October 2, 2015

Some new gluten free reviews

Hi folks! I have tried a few new (or new-to-me) gf foods and I wanted to update you. 

Glutino's Gluten-Free Animal Crackers. They come in Graham and Original. I've only had the Original ones so far and they are so good. Did you ever eat the Stauffer's Animal Crackers? These are the next best thing, but gluten-free! They do have egg and soy in them, FYI. 

















Go Raw's Spirulina Energy Bars. These are not great. Raw? Yes. Good ingredients? Yes. Tasty? Well, not really. I do not like the texture at all. I think that's the sesame seeds. Some people might like these, but I do not. 

Food For Life's Gluten Free Multi Seed English Muffins. I wound up trying these for free b/c we had some at work that were expiring soon. They are hard to cut, even though they are "fork-split". You need to use a real bread knife. These are definitely different from full-gluten ones. 
These are very good toasted. Tonight my s.o. actually made mini-muffin pizzas with one muffin and it was yummy. I think I'll be trying another one in the morning with pb & j. 


Califa's Classic Cinnamon Horchata. Oh my god, this is fantastic. Vegan, gluten free, dairy free, non-GMO, carrageenan free! The Whole Foods store in Hyannis carries this and I was thrilled to see it. There is also a vanilla flavor that I will be trying. Gotta say, this is easier than making horchata at home.



















Well, there you have it. Try some of these for yourselves and get back to me! 
Cheers!

No comments: