Wednesday, July 13, 2016

My Etsy shop, post-colonoscopy and some odds & ends

Did you know that I have an Etsy shop? Well, I do! I make wampum shell pendants from locally collected wampum shells. Please check it out at https://www.etsy.com/shop/CapeCodDragonShells?ref=hdr_shop_menu. I added a few new pendants today. Please feel free to share all over the internet as well.

Otherwise, I am doing well. I'm recovering from my annual colonoscopy yesterday. Yes, I am young (33), but I have Lynch Syndrome, aka hereditary nonpolyposis colorectal cancer/HNPCC. It's an inherited disorder associated with an increase in the risk of colorectal cancers, as well as cancers of the stomach, small intestine, gallbladder, liver, upper urinary tract, brain, skin, ovaries and endometrium, and throw some occasional colon polyps in the mix too. It's a whole barrel of fun (sarcasm font!) but it is easily dealt with by keeping on track with colonoscopies, upper endoscopies, PAP smears, endometrial biopsies, urine screenings, and a slew of lab tests. If you want to know more about Lynch Syndrome there are LOADS of websites, but I like this one overall: http://lynchcancers.com/. If you have a family history of colon cancer, please get tested. It can save your life!

So, I did the colonoscopy prep (Suprep) as usual and it sucked as it always does. I had lots of water, juice, popsicles, lollipops, hard candy, and tea w/o milk, even though I use dairy-free milks. I took a Udi's Gluten Free blueberry muffin with me JUST IN CASE the center did not have any AGAIN, which they didn't. SO glad i brought my own. Ridiculous. I went for my appointment, had a huge kerflufflle to deal with, but I did get the procedure done and I am a-okay this round. I came home, took a 4 hour nap, made some Rice Ramen and finished season 3 of Bitten on Netflix (on Syfy here).

In the evening I found myself CRAVING mashed potatoes, so TJ and I went to the store and got some, along with a nice organic, grass-fed steak. I approached the steak with caution as I had not cooked grass-fed beef at home. A Google search led me to one of my favorite blogs, Primally Inspired, and her easy-to-follow guide, found HERE. I made some pre-spiralized butternut squash noodles and it was all fantastic. The steak was perfect.
See? Tasty!

Today I slept in, made myself a yummy breakfast of gluten-free waffles, a hard-boiled egg, strawberries, and my favorite breakfast sausages.  (My favorite sausages are Applegate's GF Natural Chicken & Maple sausages, link is HERE.). I added some new items to my Etsy Shop (see the 1st paragraph of this blog post) and am now considering lunch with a bearded dragon on my lap.

The internet gave me some great new books to download, mostly freebies, which I have shared on Pinterest today: follow me on Pinterest.

Oh, the Rice Ramen I mentioned is made by Lotus Foods. I had Buckwheat Mushroom for the first time and it was just what I needed. Link for that is HERE.

Don't forget you can find me on Facebook Twitter, and Instagram.

Love, love, love, Kate



No comments: