Monday, January 18, 2016

A few things...

Hi folks! Happy 2016! I've been pretty busy what with Yule/Christmas/New Years and then my 33rd birthday over the weekend. Plus I am just terrible at making time to blog. So I have decided to change my blogging habits and write a blog every Wednesday, even if it is a small one. I am holding myself to this and I expect you to as well.

The holidays were very good to me, as was my birthday. My dear friends M & D gave me a a fabulous personal blender, the Bella 13984 Rocket Pro Personal Extractor (Amazon link), for my birthday. I love making smoothies and the small blender I had was not cutting it (hah!). I have been making a green smoothie every single day since the beginning of January and I have gotten to the point where I CRAVE one. I tend to make a double batch so I only have to make smoothies every other day. I have been following Simple Green Smoothies' site and using (adapting) their smoothie recipes. They have a free 30 day green smoothie challenge which is very helpful. Their website has loads of recipes and resources (website). The FREE 30 Day Green Smoothie Challenge can be found here.

I am thrilled with this gift!
The OTHER exciting thing is that So Delicious is doing a 21-Day Dairy Free Challenge and I am going to participate. It starts this Thursday, January 21st. Apparently "they" say that it takes 21 days to create a habit. (http://sodeliciousdairyfree.com/dairy-free-challenge)
Because of having endometriosis and fibromyalgia I should be on a gluten-free and dairy-free diet, but I only follow the gluten-free diet, out of sheer stubbornness. This knowledge (and lots more about dairy) sits in the back of my brain and comes to the forefront every once in awhile, reminding me that I should give it up.  Well, this is a perfect excuse and a great time. Thankfully I work at a local health food store and there are Trader Joe's and Whole Foods nearby! I already don't eat/drink cow's milk but the hard part be giving up cheese and yogurt. I hear great things about Field Roasts' Chao Cheese  slices and I use a lot of So Delicious products already. I will be sure to keep you updated!

I am going to write a post on Wed the 20th about a few new products I have tried. Until then, love, love, love.

No comments: