Sunday, June 21, 2015

Hi internet-land. Review of "Wild" the movie

Hi folks. I have read a new book, but you'll have to wait for the review. Today I am just popping in to weigh in on "Wild" the movie. I rented it from Redbox not knowing it was a book first, so I'll have to read it later. The movie came out in 2014. It's about Cheryl Strayed, played by Reese Witherspoon, who also produced it, and her hike on the Pacific Crest Trail in search of herself and her life. It's not a fast-paced movie, but it is definitely interesting. There are a lot of flashbacks that show what led to her hike, things that are relate-able for most people (death, drugs, etc). It has some good music and great scenery. I encourage you to check it out.
You can find it on Amazon Instant Video right now at this link. You can find it on Blu-ray/DVD also on Amazon here. (Sorry, I love Amazon.)

Here is the link to the book it's based on (Amazon). "Wild: From Lost to Found on the Pacific Crest Trail" by Cheryl Strayed

Here's the IMDB listing for the movie.

Go check it out. Check back this coming week for my review of "Catalyst" by Casey L. Bond.

No comments: