Saturday, June 15, 2013

writing, or lack there of

I know I'm supposed to be a writer, but sometimes, I just don't care. I haven't written anything, more than texts, emails, and etc, in months. Either I don't have the dedication or I lost interest. I guess I don't want to be a writer that much. I'm such a dabbler and I often don't finish things. Hence the 3 unfinished novels. Is it the fear of failure or of success that holds me back? A combination of both I suspect. I recall that I wrote a lot of shitty, angsty poetry back in high school and college, when I was depressed and alone. Now I am in my thirties, still sometimes depressed and somewhat alone, still very angsty, but my flavor of writing has changed, what little I create. Sometimes I wonder if I will ever finish the novels, or compile the books of poetry or short stories I supposedly want to. I guess we'll see.

No comments: